- In light of current HMG and NI Executive Guidance, and in accordance to our communicated staging plans, we’ve decided to begin a phased return to Unit 1, starting Wednesday the 24nd of June at 10am,
- There will be new extraordinary guidelines in place regarding conduct within the space, enforcing social distancing, and relevant PPE and hygiene recommendations.
- Access will be ‘opt-in’ so if you wish to return to the space, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange for you to digitally sign the pre-return disclaimer and issue you with new access control codes.
Other News While We’ve Been in Lockdown
- We have lent our new Lulzbot Mini 3D printer to Axial3D for their PPE manufacturing project, providing first responders and medical staff with near-medical-grade safety equipment to combat Coronavirus.
- Our Folding@Home team burned a lot of CPU-cycles to contribute to COVID19 Research, currently ranked in the top 2% of teams in the world.
- New CCTV policy in place along with ICO registration that clarifies that CCTV is only to be used for security and compliance with law enforcement and no other purpose (along with a 30 day retention period)
- #BreakfastClub has been operating 6 days a week since March, with members meeting up via Discord to catch up about their days and share.
- #InfoSecNI, a professional practice network of cybersecurity workers, has been running semi-regular movie nights and tweet-alongs, with Hackers, Sneakers, and WarGames all being shown (And critiqued!). We’ve been supporting #InfoSecNI with communications and technical resources.
Published both here and at https://www.farsetlabs.org.uk/about/coronavirus_return_policy for completeness
The purpose of these guidelines is to set out the procedures and restrictions that are put in place to allow Farset Labs to open in a safe manner during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
These temporary guidelines will remain under constant review, with particular respect to any changes in government guidelines or restrictions. Should any subsequent government policy contradict any aspect of these guidelines it will be expected that Farset Labs and it’s members will immediately comply with government policy.
In issuing these guidelines the Labs trustees acknowledge that it may be necessary to close the building again at short notice in response to future government directives.
Organisational Named Person For COVID-19 Response
Best practices dictate that organisations should have a named person responsible for their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As such, Art Knipe will be responsible for these guidelines, will be the contact person for questions regarding our response to COVID-19 and will be responsible for organisational contact tracing in the event of a member reporting an infection. (email@example.com).
Should Art be unable to fulfil this role for any reason Colin Mitchell will deputise (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guidelines for Reopening of Farset Labs
Farset Labs will begin a phased reopening on 24/06/20 at 10am. The reopening will proceed based on the following guidance:
- Upon reopening we will request that our members continue to work from home if they can, in line with the guidance from the NI Executive.
- Access to the building will be subject to these new guidelines.
- It will be left to the discretion and good sense of individual members to decide whether they can continue to work from home or need to use the space.
- All members will be required to complete and sign an online Pre-Return form which indicates their agreement with these guidelines. This must be done before they can return to the space.
If you wish to return to the space at this time, you must contact Art Knipe by email (email@example.com) to notify him of your intention to return. You will then be asked to fill in a Pre-Return Disclaimer, after which you will be given new access control codes.
Do not return to the space if you have not already digitally signed the pre-return disclaimer as you will not be permitted in the building
Guidelines For Access To Farset Labs During Ongoing COVID-19 Restrictions
It is anticipated that social distancing restrictions will remain in place for some time. In order to respect these restrictions and to ensure the levels of cleanliness required to prevent infection members will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines.
- If you are showing any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, please follow government guidelines on self-Isolating, and do not come to the space
- If you become symptomatic or test positive for COVID-19 and have accessed Farset Labs please notify one of the Labs trustees. It may be necessary to notify other members if there is a chance you have been in close proximity to them. This can be done without disclosing your identity if you wish
- Wash your hands as soon as you arrive at Farset Labs and frequently thereafter
- Please avoid physical contact and maintain at least 2 metres distance from other Farset Labs members
- No more than fifteen (15) people are to be in the building at a given time, and should endeavour to spread themselves out to enforce social distancing.
- Where possible, you should avoid touching hard surfaces in communal areas of the building and should wash or sanitise your hands after doing so
- In order to manage the number of people using the building, only members are permitted to access the building.
- You should not leave your belongings in communal areas of the building
- Please play your part in helping to ensure high levels of cleanliness throughout the building
- All members are strongly discouraged from having items delivered to Farset Labs. If you must use Farset Labs as a delivery address please ensure that you are onsite to accept delivery
- Internal meeting, including members meetings, should take place digitally
- You are encouraged to follow all government advice on the use of PPE, if it is possible to do so
In addition to these guidelines and in order to protect the health of our members, Farset Labs will be taking the following steps:
- All public hire of Farset Labs facilities will remain suspended until further notice, and no non-inducted members, or guests of members, are permitted in the building.
- Farset Labs will supply cleaning and hygiene stations in the vicinity of all high touch surfaces such as the front door, and throughout the building. You should clean these surfaces before use. You should not remove any cleaning or hygiene products from their locations in the building
- Farset Labs will provide hand sanitiser at the post-shelves in the main entryway and subject to availability at other points throughout the building
- Farset Labs will review its cleaning arrangements in order to ensure that high levels of cleanliness are maintained, as far as is practicable
You are reminded that the government advice to best prevent the spread of COVID-19 is still to remain at home if possible.
If you choose to come to the space, you acknowledge and accept responsibility for all risks inherent in that choice.
These guidelines are essential to ensure that Farset Labs remains in compliance with government regulations and does all that is practicable to protect public health and the health of our members.Failure to comply with these guidelines will be treated seriously and may result in temporary or permanent barring from membership of the space, under our existing complaints handling policy available in the Code of Conduct.