Our nomination period has finished and voting will open shortly (emails will be sent to all current members eligible to vote) and in the meantime, you can peruse your options below, consisting of the nominee name and pitch, sorted in alphabetical order:
(Edit 16/10/18: Voting is live until midday on Monday 5th November – all members, please check the email you registered to Farset Labs with for your ballot.)
Artemiy Kondratiev (Art)
What is a hackerspace?
Scattered around the world each one is unique and means something different to each individual member.
In the autumn of 2015, I first visited Farset Labs and the very same week was my first as a member. It has been almost three years, yet I still find it hard to describe Farset. What about you?
One thing I know is that I have been to no other place like it. A place where anyone is welcome to experiment, teach, share ideas, unjustifiably set things on fire, watch opera and everything in between.
In Farset I met many people that I am glad to call friends. It is because of you that I discovered so many ideas and had the opportunity to realise new-found aspirations.
In Farset I met people with whom I share the principles of unbiased exchange of ideas and knowledge. Together we echo the same principles to our local communities in the form of clubs, meetups and mentorship of those on earlier stages of similar paths.
Each year I try to make a snowballing contribution to my community through building upon the experiences of years past.
– Helping at charity shops taught me the value of investing time
– Helping at Coder Dojo, Raspberry JAM and volunteering at events taught me the value of inspiring future successors
– Organizing my own kids’ coding club with Code Club taught me the value of reaching out to communities outside our own
– Co-Organizing Code Co-Op and designing programming challenges taught me the value of peership and collaboration
– Co-Organizing NIDevConf18 taught me the value of bringing together people with differing perspectives
– Most importantly, joining Farset Labs taught me the value of community
Over the years of I have been delighted by the impact of these actions and privileged to have responsibility over them.
As a director, my goal would be simple – keep alive the light of our energetic environment and preserve the welcoming community I encountered three years ago. The areas I will invest most of my time in are:
– introducing a wider community of active individuals to our hackerspace
– providing opportunities to up and coming members of our community
– ensuring that the space remains genuinely useful to our evolving community
– lighten the burden of maintenance to allow more room for efforts in growth
– keep our management practices in touch with the community’s sentiments and beliefs
Our local community is bustling with life and activity – let’s show them what a hackerspace can be.
Hello there! My name is Andy. I’m one of the founding members of Farset Labs, and I’m finally here to pitch in my nomination for directorship. My main reason is that I love Farset, and really want to see it grow. I have experience in leadership, and management and all those other boring things, but I also just really love to help people.
If you’ve ever spoken to me, you probably already know that, but maybe not! I do tend to ramble. In fact I’m rambling right now.
As I said, I just want to see the place grow, and thrive, and I feel that I’d be a good person to see that happen. Once I have something planned, I do my damned best to make sure that happens!
If you haven’t spoken to me before, I’d encourage you to do so! I love to hear stories of people’s experiences, and I also just really love to talk to people. But sure, let me know!
Much love, and all the best,
Vote to reopen nominations if you are unsatisfied with the candidates offered and wish to have the nomination period reopened to new candidates.
Withdrawn: Zoe Gadon-Thompson (01/10/18)
If you have any queries or comments, please contact the returning officer, David Kane, at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would prefer to speak to the whole director team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.