Update: Due to several factors outside of our control, the directors have decided to postpone this series of elections until later in the year. Thanks!
Farset Labs is run by a dedicated team of volunteers, starting with the original three directors back in late 2011/early 2012. Since then, we aim to try and keep the number of directors at five, so, with the recent departure of Ben Bland for warmer shores (quite literally), it’s time to launch our 2015 Director Elections. Nominations will open from the timestamp of this post until midnight on Wednesday 18th February.
- Nominate themselves.
- Have been a member for at least three months (not necessarily in one block).
- Email email@example.com (and CC firstname.lastname@example.org) with
- Their name.
- Their ‘pitch’ which is 1000 characters maximum. (Suitability for role, experience, intentions etc.)
- Be aware that, if successful in the elections, they must not have any convictions that would prevent them from being the Director of a limited company (i.e. convictions under the Fraud Act 2006) or any convictions regarding sexual offences against minors (i.e. convictions under the Sexual Offences Act 2003).
- Be aware that they have legal obligations as a Director of Farset Labs, including their legal liabilities to HMRC etc.
- Be aware that, if successful, they will be required to provide details including their legal name, sex, date of birth, addresses lived in the last three years, signature and National Insurance Number for the purposes of registration with Companies House.
Voting will open when the nominee profiles (consisting of the nominee’s name and pitch) are posted publicly on Thursday 19th February and will close at midday on Friday 27th February.
Information on how to vote and the procedures surrounding voting, including the case of a draw, will be posted along with the nominee profiles. The results, barring any special circumstances, will be announced as soon as possible after voting closes, likely the following day.
Any questions can be directed to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also find it useful to review the records of previous elections, available on this blog.