A few weeks ago we sent out survey requests to anyone who’d attended (and registered) to our CoderDojo programme since day one.
This was so we could get a better handle on what we were doing well, and maybe not so well, and was also intended to answer one simple question; which day is better to run it. I’ll not be making any grand analysis yet as I believe the results tell their own story.
If you’d like to add your thoughts, the poll is still open, but we’ll be feeding these findings back into our plan going forward and will let you know any changes ASAP.
What day of the week works best for you and your family to attend the Dojo in the evening
We intentionally restricted the options in this question to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday as Wednesday is already reserved for free for any usergroup that wants to hold an event, and Saturdays are too high value for hackathons and other events to block book.
How did you hear about the Farset Labs Dojo?
How safe did you feel at the Dojo?
How would you rate the venue/location?
How much, if at all, would you be willing to pay to attend this event in future?
What did you like about the Dojos?
- my son loves it, he is able to talk to people and ask questions that i can’t answer.
- Great engagement between mentors and kids.
- really well informed savvy help. , please take a sweetie from the tin.
- Helpful mentors, creative learning.
- Good range of topics and interested children
- Nice friendly atmosphere with people actively offering their skills and knowledge
- <My son> loved it, liked the support & small group.
- The informality and enthusiasm.
- Great location
- The very young age group.
What did you dislike about the Dojos?
- Inconsistency of delivery.
- Disappointing range of mentors, lack of organisation
- It can seem slightly disorganised at times
- There is nothing that I dislike, and it is important that they continue. I am just more committed to the larger scale and structure of the BMC dojos.
- We need a structured programme with lessons i.e. syllabus etc.
Would you like to say anything else about the Dojos? Good bad or ugly we want your feedback! Have the Dojo’s “changed”, if you went before, what stops you now? Anything, everything, we need your advice!
- I think this is a great opportunity for young people to learn the language and skills associated with computer programming that can only help them in the future, although i fear some children under 14 will not be able to avil of this oppertunity because of the supervision rule, parents from areas of deprivation find it more difficult to take thier children to these places because of other family commitments etc
- Seemed more controlled before the Summer.
- I come in from the country. It would help to be able to pre-discuss and maybe book extra help time.
- Would love to go back regularly but Friday PM is not a good time for us.
- Small groups are great but have you thought about informing schools about it? You might be able to help more kids. Maybe also ni4kids? Very difficult for parents to find out about technology related clubs for kids, found out through a colleagues husband. Thought the mentors were lovely & understanding of my sons needs.
- Just keep reminding me of events at Farset. I need to get more stuff into my calendar.
- Instructors have become less helpful over time.
- Some from of progression for the kids.