After a wonderfully democratic Doodle, distributed through our Twitter, Facebook, and IRC channels, the community has decided to have another, informal, ‘Gathering of Sleet’ (aka Gathering of Lightning Event) squeezed into the year at very short notice.
This Sunday! (Thanks for that guys… :P)
Anyway, standard Gathering of Lightning rules apply:
- Flying pigs after 7 minutes
- No Presentation tools (Prezi, Powerpoint, Keynote, Beamer, etc)
- Arbitrary order or presenters
- Heckling Encouraged
(Unconfirmed) Presentations offered by the community over the thought process of this so far are:
- Chrome OS: Are you ready to live in the cloud?
- Parallelism in Web Programming
- Windows 8/Windows Mobile App Certification processes / pains
- Dr Strangethings, or How I learned to stop worrying and love Rapid Prototyping
- Probably more!
Since it’s short notice, we’ve got no sponsor for this one, but we’ll grab a few crates to drink and people are, as always, free to BYO Food/Drink.