Farset Labs is run by a dedicated team of volunteers, starting with the original three Directors back in late 2011/early 2012. We aim to try and keep the number of directors at five, and given that we’re currently below that magic prime number, it’s time to launch our 2018 Director Elections. Nominations for Directorship will open from the timestamp of this post until midnight on Friday 28th September.
The Directors of Farset Labs are the individuals expected to set the strategic direction of the charity, and have overall responsibility for maintaining the financial and legal health of the company. You will be expected to join the weekly management meetings and contribute in myriad other ways to the day-to-day running of the space; for example, fielding emails, authorising outgoing payments, and meeting with relevant parties, to name but a few.
You also get to steward a charity that does extensive youth outreach, makes opportunities available for the whole community, and hosts events that benefit all areas of the technology sector. We’re always trying to expand the remit of our offerings to serve even more people and it would be ideal for the incoming Director to aid in those efforts.
- Nominate themselves.
- Have been a member for at least three months (not necessarily in one block).
- Email email@example.com (and CC firstname.lastname@example.org) with
- Their name.
- Their ‘pitch’ which is 1000 characters maximum. (Suitability for role, experience, intentions etc.)
- Be aware that, if successful in the elections, they must not have any convictions that would prevent them from being the Director of a limited company (i.e. convictions under the Fraud Act 2006) or any convictions regarding sexual offences against minors (i.e. convictions under the Sexual Offences Act 2003).
- Be aware that they have legal obligations as a Director of Farset Labs, including their legal liabilities to HMRC etc.
- Be aware that, if successful, they will be required to provide details including their legal name, sex, date of birth, addresses lived in the last three years, signature and National Insurance Number for the purposes of registration with Companies House.
Voting will open when the nominee profiles (consisting of the nominee’s name and pitch) are posted publicly on Monday 1st October (Conveniently coinciding with the next Town Hall) and will close at midday on Monday 15th October.
Information on how to vote and the procedures surrounding voting, including the case of a draw, will be posted along with the nominee profiles. The results, barring any special circumstances, will be announced as soon as possible after voting closes, likely the following day.
Any questions can be directed to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also find it useful to review the records of previous elections, available on this blog.