Our long running, Ignite / Petcha Kutcha -minus-the-presentations-plus-a-giant-blackboard-and-foam-projectiles speaker series is back, with a slightly festive feel! Normal rules apply; Speakers have 7 minutes to talk about something they’re passionate about, with audience heckling encouraged, and the opportunity for a few more minutes of Q&A after at the compères discretion. This time around, the wonderful Claire Wilgar will be compère-ing (we expect Christmas Hats!) and for a change we have a rough idea of whose talking!
- Jiann Hughes will be talking about her work in the intersection between Art, Culture, and Technology
- Colin Kelsey/Matt Hazely will be explaining some of the beer brewing techniques they are experimenting with in the labs
- Will Burr from Billy Goat Entertainment will be demoing some of his currently-Kickstarting game, Her Majesty’s Spiffing
- Dr David Laverty, for Queen’s University Belfast’s Energy, Power and Intelligent Systems (EPIC) group, who are working on converting a classic DeLorean to an Electric drive train
- Sebastian Heinz from SARC will hopefully be demoing his wildly successful Patchblocks project that has already obliterated its £10k funding goal
- We’ll also hopefully have a visit from some developers from Aepona, a locally based API-as-a-service company recently acquired by Intel
- Finally, we’re hoping to get a short talk on some of the work done by PWC’s Belfast Based Digital Forensic Team
As always, we try to keep a few slots open for walk ins, so if you feel inspired to talk about something, let us know! Drinks and munchies are provided by the brilliant folks at the British Computing Society, who have supported us throughout our Gathering of Lightning programme for the past year and a half.
Kicks off on the 5th of December at 1800 for a 1830 start