Gathering of Lightning, Farset Labs’ highly successful ad-hoc presentation series, is coming back after a Freshers Hiatus, again, in collaboration with The British Computing Society, 7pm to 9pm on Thursday the 25th of October.
The format is the same as before:
- Speakers have a maximum of 7 minutes to speak on the subject of their choice. This will be enforced with projectiles this time.
- The Use of Non-Projected Visual Aids is heavily encouraged (but if you really need a power point, that’s ok too, it’s just not very cool)
- On the night, presenters (planned or unplanned) are invited to put a 3-5 word synopsis of their topic on the blackboard
- The Compère will decide what order in which presentations will be done, so be nice to him/her
- Punishment for rule/time violators is at the disgression of the sponsor, in this case the BCS
Currently proposed (but not scheduled) topics include:
- Garage Beer Brewing
- The Media Community in Northern Ireland
- BBC CPR – Micro Resuscitation
- BCS Reborn
- Circuit Bending Killed The Video Star
- AND MOAR
Book your free ticket here (also please consider a donation ticket, because you’re nice like that!)